Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day Breakfast: Huevos Rancheros


It's 9:30am and I've been up since 6, drinking espresso and listening to NPR's 24 hour program stream. Poor Josh has a cold and has to work today anyway, and I needed to do something about those idle hands. I want to bake - but superstition prevents me from making anything that could be perceived as a victory treat.

So instead I spent an hour making myself a fancy breakfast. It's a quick homemade salsa with chipotle in adobo, tomato sauce, and Mexican seasonings on top of panfried corn tortillas, eggs, and some shredded cheese. The fruit on the little plate is fresh persimmon, a delicious in-season treat from my neighbor.

I'm going to eat now, biting the food instead of my beleaguered fingernails. GOBAMA.

No comments: