Friday, August 29, 2008

She's choppin' broccolay

Choppin' broccolah-hah! Sheeeeee's....choppin.

You know, if Dana Carvey lived in Japan, he would never have written this song. Not in its current form, anyway - it's funny because chopping broccoli is so mundane that no one would ever put it in a song. Here broccoli is a major investment!

I made an awesome dinner last night, by the way. Since we're talking about food.

GOD, I love a captive audience.

Anyhoozle, I reconstitued some premade polenta and jazzed it up with a little hot sauce, garlic, oregano and basil, and stirred in some grated mozzerella cheese. Then I added sauteed onions, garlic and mushrooms to a jar of premade pasta sauce and added oregano and basil. (My cooking options are limited here, people. Did I mention I have only two small burners and no counter space?)

So I sauteed slices of eggplant in a pan, and we had the yummy polenta and sauce on top of that. It turned out great! And with the new knife from Ikea, I didn't have to use a breadknife to chop vegetables, for the first time in a month.

There isn't much to report from here, though I'm hoping to have house news very soon. Here's the Carvey clip to entertain the people.



P.S. The eggplant in our dinner? For two people? Cost six dollars.

No comments: