Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vision

He can see!

I was waiting to post until I could upload a few pics of Josh with his shades on, or seeing things sans glasses for the first time, but I've been torturing everyone by not posting.

Josh's PRK surgery was a success (so far), with a super easy and painless procedure followed by about twenty hours of sleep. He's a little sore now, using drops every 30 minutes when he's awake, and taking a fair amount of ibuprofen and Percocet.

The procedure is really remarkable - the lights from the laser were all blurry, then it did its thing, and immediately he could see it perfectly. The docs are hopeful for 20/20 vision or better, and he should be pretty well recovered in a couple days.

You can go ahead and keep those fingers crossed for a safe - albeit dry and uncomfortable - plane ride to Tokyo on Wednesday. And wish me luck now that I can't hide his glasses and do whatever I want while he can't see.

3 comments:

Bethanyivy said...

That is awesome!!! So soon he will have the x-ray vision he always dreamed of : ) How is his class coming along?

Melanie said...

Yeah!! Awesome, Josh! Hope the rest of recovery goes fast. Thanks for giving in to us, Em :)

Andi said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see you guys again! I think it will take me a little while to get used to Josh sans glasses though.