Friday, July 3, 2009

...and I'm in!

After a ridiculously easy, direct train ride from Yokosuka practically to my gate, then some wine and dinner at Narita, and a plane trip made pleasant by washing down Ambien with more wine, I have arrived on the Monterey peninsula. Melanie, Tony, and baby Nason are lovely, and I'll have lots of pictures soon.

About that Ambien: I'm usually not a medication person. But seriously: coach seats should COME with Ambien. It should be pillow, blanket, sleeping pill. The wine is free on ANA (woot! I never understood why it was free in first class. What do they have to drink about? With the legroom and reclining seats and, you know, wealth) and I just snoozed, watched a movie, and snoozed some more, and I was here before I knew it.

Time to visit and relax and cuddle the baby for a spell. Aaahhhhhh...

5 comments:

Bethanyivy said...

I'm so glad you made it with no problems and little stress. It sounds like a nice (well, as nice as it could be) travel day. Enjoy your vacation!

clembo said...

Excellent! So glad you had a good experience on the train.
Love to Mel, Nason and Tony - and plenty for you, too.
XXXOOO

Kelsey said...

So glad you made it in alright! Have fun!!!

Unknown said...

good! Have fun! :)

Bethanyivy said...

Ok...You have had all this time cuddling your little nephew, and still no pictures? We are waiting patiently (somewhat),